BASIC NDT TRAINING OUTLINES
- Introduction to Nondestructive Testing
- Basic Principles of Nondestructive Testing
Definition and Importance of NDT
- Types of NDT Methods.
- Visual Testing.
- Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Magnetic Particle Testing.
- Eddy Current Testing.
- Radiographic Testing.
- Ultrasonic Testing.
- Comparison of Different NDT Methods.
- Materials and Defects
- Structure of Metals and Alloys.
- Properties of Materials (Metallic & Non-Metallic).
- Discontinuities and Defects in Metallic Materials.
- Processes and Defects
- Primary Processes and Related Defects.
- Manufacturing Processes and Related Defects.
- Materials In-Service
- Behavior of Materials in Service.
- Conditions Leading to Defects and Failures.
- Concepts of Rupture Development in Metals.
- Quality and Standardization
Examination and Testing.
Guides and Recommended Practices.
Codes and Specification.
Development of a Quality System.